The School District of DeSoto County will partner with parents and the community to:
Deliver a safe and secure learning environment.
Optimize communication to strengthen learning environment.
Guarantee students have equitable access to rigorous engaging instruction.
Shape minds to build a strong social-emotional foundation for responsible citizenship.
Our mission is to empower all students to become life-long learners able to compete in today's society.
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- Students need to apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Students need to not only demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills, but also need to be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
- All students can learn as a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.